Monday, May 25, 2009

Job search continues....

Its over 2 weeks since I graduated and my job search continues. I am still in campus and there is a concerted effort going on here for placements.

I would say the last 2 weeks have been a roller-coaster, one with steep ascents and prolonged downhills. Basically, there was a day when I had 3 phone interviews (none of which turned out positive), but most of the days I have nothing to do but see movies, play badminton and scan naukri.com meticulously.

There are some trends I observed during my job search. There is a lot of shifting of BDM roles to India, which used to be earlier done in US/UK. Companies are hiring people with some sales experience and having them do most of the sales process from India, by having them work during US timings.

BPOs have started hiring again. Most of the core sectors are hiring now, especially after the UPA Govt. came back to power.

But nothing great is happening in IT area. The big firms are still in freeze mode and the smaller one's are trying to survive the recession. These firms are looking at hiring only by end of the year, which right now appears an ice age away. We'll see.

Watch out for updates.

1 comment:

Nikunj said...

Nice blog. Curious to know the climax. Where did you start working then?